Makes: 2-4 servings
Active Time: 10 minutes
Total Time: 30 minutes
· ½ cup uncooked quinoa
· 2 cups chopped red bell pepper (about 1 large pepper)
· 2 cups chopped green bell pepper (about 1 large pepper)
· 1 teaspoon ground chipotle pepper
· 2 15 ounce can white beans, drained and rinsed
· 4 cups chopped fresh tomatoes with juices (about 4 large tomatoes)
· 2 teaspoons ground cumin
· 1 teaspoon dried oregano
· 6 ounces fresh spinach, chopped
1. In a medium-sized pot, combine quinoa and 4 cups of water and place over high heat. Bring to a boil, then reduce heat to low. Cover tightly and simmer for 15 minutes.
2. Add bell peppers, chipotle, beans, tomatoes, cumin, and oregano to the quinoa. Bring to a simmer and cook uncovered for about 10 minutes.
3. When chili is thick and quinoa is throwing off its tiny white haloes, stir in spinach and cook for 1 more minute or until wilted.