I was recently asked to share with my local Shaklee group about my passion for Shaklee. As I gave this some thought I realized I am passionate for Shaklee for many reasons, but some of those reasons are not the things everyone one may expect.
You may expect that I am passionate about Shaklee because of things like purity, potency, and performance; The fact that every Shaklee product is green, safe, and works. Or that our purity standards are some of the toughest in the nutrition industry. Maybe because:
• We run 350 tests on every new botanical ingredient for harmful contaminants, pesticides, and other residues • We run over 1000 quality tests a year to ensure purity and potency • Our tests surpasses even the pharmaceutical standards of the United States Pharmacopeia (USP) • Shaklee scientists have published 125 scientific papers and presentations, including 7 presentations in the last year. • Third party Peer reviewed studies, so that no one has to just take our word for it • Shaklee powered athletes have won 121 gold, silver, and bronze Olympic medals, so far! • We have one of the very first Earth Day products ever! – Basic H • We were the first Climate Neutral Certified company in the world! • And, and, and…
I could be passionate for Shaklee because of those things alone, but allow me to present a little more data; data of a different kind.
When we were in Cleveland for Shaklee Live 2015 we heard Shawn Achor the author of The Happiness Advantage talk about genuine happiness, he gave 5 steps that make us happier, more content, and more productive people. These are the 5 main points.
1. “Bring gratitude to mind: Write down three NEW things that you are grateful for each day
2. Journal: About a positive experience you’ve had recently for two minutes once a day
3. Exercise: Engage in 15 minutes of mindful cardio activity
4. Meditate: Watch your breath go in and out for two minutes a day
5. Engage in a random, conscious act of kindness: Write a two-minute positive email thanking a friend or colleague, or compliment someone you admire on social media
Do these steps for 21 days, and you will begin to see a lasting shift in your mindset towards more positivity.” – From http://www.goodthinkinc.com.
Shawn Achor also told us that when one individual becomes obese, the chance that his or her friend will become obese increases by 57 percent—even if their friend lives far away. If that friend is of the same sex the chance increase to 71 percent. Other members of people’s “social network” were also affected: their siblings’ risk increased by 40 percent and their spouses’ by 37 percent. In contrast, a neighbor, if not a part of their social network, experienced no increase in risk.
Just wait, this really will tie in with my passion for Shaklee, I promise.
Another speaker at our convention in Cleveland was Dan Buettner, author of The Blue Zones When we heard about the Blue Zones and people groups with exceptional longevity we learned that they all had these things in common, (minus one group who did not drink wine.)
1. Move naturally 2. Have purpose 3. Stress less 4. Eat less 5. Plant Based Diet 6. Drink wine 7. Have a sens of Belonging 8. Put their loved ones first 9. Belong to the right tribe : were born into–social circles that supported healthy behaviors,
What does this data have to do about my passion for Shaklee?
These studies present what helps one be happy, fulfilled, productive, successful, live longer, and be healther. I bet you see where I am going now! Each of you, my dear Shaklee family cause me to be these things by:
Bring gratitude to mind: I have reasons for gratitude daily as a result of my improved health, wonderful new friends, and taking joy in your improved health too
I am taught and experience random acts of kindness, often daily, because of each of you
I am given the example of keeping active and moving naturally and developing good exercise habits
I am taught by every one of you that I do in deed have purpose, that my purpose matters and I can find my “why”. I am also taught that when I forget this you will remind me and help point the way.
Less Stress: Every single one you help me stress less. The entire community supports one another in business and personal lives. I find you are there for a good laugh, cry, or talk. We mentor each other, help each other, are friends, and sometimes we just exist with each other- all of this reduces stress
I am have learned to eat better
I enjoy having a glass of wine with many of you
I most certainly belong!!
I find every time I meet a Shaklee person that I am loved and that they put their loved one first. Sometimes that loved one is me.
I know I belong to the right tribe that supports my wellbeing inside and out
My social network is not one of obesity but of growth, caring, kindness, wellness, environmental awareness, and looking beyond my self. My social network increases the chances of me being the best I can be.
Why am I passionate about shaklee? Because I can’t find any reason not to be! It has been proven to me over and over again that I can believe that Shaklee is who they say they are and that they will do what they say they will do and so will each of you. We are there for one another and we cause positive change charged by genuine caring. That is why it is called the “Shaklee Family”. Our relationships are far beyond business builders and networking. We are family, we are friends, and we are for each other every day. That is why I am passionate for Shaklee. It is what we call the Shaklee Difference!
With love and gratitude,